Volume 24, Number 3 Issue 93/94, Winter/Spring (2006)
Mythlore is a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal published by the Mythopoeic Society that focuses on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and the genres of myth and fantasy. The full text of Mythlore from 2002 onward is available in several electronic databases from Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest. Mythlore is also indexed in the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature, the Modern Language Association International Bibliography (MLA), and other sources.
See the Aims and Scope for the statement of editorial purpose of the journal.
"The Golden Key": A Double Reading
"In My End is My Beginning": The fin-negans Motif in George MacDonald's At the Back of the North Wind
From Hades to Heaven: Greek Mythological Influences in C. S. Lewis's The Silver Chair
Amanda M. Niedbala
Forbidden Forest, Enchanted Castle: Arthurian Spaces in the Harry Potter Novels
Haggard's She: Burke's Sublime in a Popular Romance
Dale J. Nelson
Heorot or Meduseld?: Tolkien's Use of Beowulf in "The King of the Golden Hall"
Michael R. Kightley
- Janet Brennan Croft, University of Oklahoma
Editorial Advisory Board
- Verlyn Flieger, University of Maryland, College Park
- Charles Huttar, Hope College
- Barbara Reynolds, Cambridge University
- Peter J. Schakel, Hope College
- Richard C. West, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Donna R. White, Arkansas Tech University