Volume 25, Number 1 Issue 95/96, Fall/Winter (2006)
Mythlore is a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal published by the Mythopoeic Society that focuses on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and the genres of myth and fantasy. The full text of Mythlore from 2002 onward is available in several electronic databases from Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest. Mythlore is also indexed in the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature, the Modern Language Association International Bibliography (MLA), and other sources.
See the Aims and Scope for the statement of editorial purpose of the journal.
"In the Hilt is Fame": Resonances of Medieval Swords and Sword-lore in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings
K. S. Whetter and R. Andrew McDonald
Dreaming of Dragons: Tolkien's Impact on Heaney's Beowulf
Felicia Jean Steele
- Janet Brennan Croft, University of Oklahoma
Editorial Advisory Board
- Verlyn Flieger, University of Maryland, College Park
- Charles Huttar, Hope College
- Barbara Reynolds, Cambridge University
- Peter J. Schakel, Hope College
- Richard C. West, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Donna R. White, Arkansas Tech University