Volume 32, Number 2 Issue 124, Spring/Summer (2014)
Mythlore is a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal published by the Mythopoeic Society that focuses on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and the genres of myth and fantasy. The full text of Mythlore from 2002 onward is available in several electronic databases from Gale, Ebsco, and ProQuest. Mythlore is also indexed in the Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature, the Modern Language Association International Bibliography (MLA), and other sources.
See the Aims and Scope for the statement of editorial purpose of the journal.
Subverting Mythopoeic Fantasy: Miyuki Miyabe's The Book of Heroes
From Children’s Book to Epic Prequel: Peter Jackson’s Transformation of Tolkien’s The Hobbit
Frank P. Riga, Maureen Thum, and Judith Kollmann
- Janet Brennan Croft, University of Oklahoma
Editorial Advisory Board
- Verlyn Flieger, University of Maryland, College Park
- Charles Huttar, Hope College
- Barbara Reynolds, Cambridge University
- Peter J. Schakel, Hope College
- Rev. John W. Houghton, The Hill School, Pottstown
- Richard C. West, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Donna R. White, Arkansas Tech University